WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 09-19-2013, 10:36 AM

Lights question

I'm running into a problem with the light limit. I have 3 rooms that a person can see into, so each needs its own lights. I am limited to 2 lights per room (plus a global) right now.

I saw the light group functionality, but it isn't quite was I need. I need something that has OpenGl only use the light when rendering one room, and not the other in one rendering pass. Is there anything in Vizard that will allow me to say "use only lights X, Y, and Z when rendering the polygons from room 1, and use only lights A, B, and C when rendering the polygons from room 2?"

While, I'm talking about lights. I have one other question. Since there are multiple rooms (and they change frequently), I'd like to use a node from the model as the position rather than having to manually set the position for every new model or layout. The problem is that there will be a variable number. I can search with getChild() for light1, light2, ..., light X until I get a invalid node, but as soon as I get that invalid node it prints an error message. It doesn't break anything if I check if it is valid right afterward, but those red lines are a nuisance when debugging. It makes it harder to track down other warnings. Is there any hasChild() function I have not been able to locate, or a silent mode?
Old 09-19-2013, 11:11 AM
WorldViz Team Member

You can disable lights on a node, take a look at the following thread. Is this what you're looking for?

http://forum.worldviz.com/showthread.php?t=4427

I'm not sure I understand your second question. You can use <node3d>.getNodeNames to retrieve a list of node names underneath the node.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:55 PM

That is exactly what I needed for both questions. Thank you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: