WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2004, 01:02 PM

viz.CULLFACE and viz.clip??

I have created a series of simulations that update the viz.HEAD_POS and/or viz.BODY_ORI in real time using a timer that updates with no delay (i.e. viz.starttimer(timerid)). These simulations depict continuous forward motion through a world with sinusoidal rotations and translations superimposed on top of the translation. I achieve this effect with a kind of "leap frog" technique where segments of the world are repeatedly flipped to new positions along the +z axis using hotspots. Finally, the scene is fairly rich in polygons and texture mapping, and I am implementing fog as well. Thus, not only is there quite a computational load for the CPU to handle, but the graphics card is being pushed, too.

I have noticed that the framerate is cut in half (from 60 Hz to 30 Hz) when fog is enabled versus when fog is disabled. I tried using viz.clip to minimize the number of polygons to be rendered, but the fog is affected by viz.clip.

Questions:
1) Isn't there a command called "viz.CULLFACE" or something that will prevent unseen or obstructed faces from being rendered along with their texture maps?

2) Any other suggestions?? (e.g., the technique used to create motion simulation, tricks to help rendering)

Thanks,
Jason

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: