WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 03-09-2010, 01:04 AM

Head morphs are very slow - some way to prefetch?

Hi all

I noticed that morphs between heads are quite slow. I'm working on a Macbook Pro with 2.5GHz Intel Core Duo and 4GB RAM.

When booting natively into Windows XP (BootCamp), the stuff runs quite fast - only the first morph is "juddering" a little bit, all other morphs work smooth.

But when booting into Windows XP via VMWare Fusion 3 (from within Mac OSX), every morph causes a judder of about 1sec, so often one does't even see the morph but suddenly after the judder the new head appears!

It would be great if I didn't have to boot into native Windows XP every time I want to work with WorldViz... So maybe is there a way to speed up this stuff? Some sort of prefetching these morphs, so they run smoothly?

Thanks for info
Josh

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: