WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 02-26-2006, 10:23 PM

Exclamation Looping over large number of images

I'm using vizard to display two sets of images, side by side, which were shot in unison so that they could be played back, one on top of the other and using polarization viewed in 3D. I've written code which preloads all the still images from a movie into a list and then loops over that list, displaying the images as textures on a quad. The texture is changed in a loop at a predefined time increment in order to simulate frame rate. My problem is that when I try to run my script with a large number of files, I get a generic error from Vizard and the executable file is closed. Here's the error: "winviz.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? I'm going to upload my code in another post (I don't have access to the file right now), if you have time please take a look. Thanks!

--
Ryan
Old 02-27-2006, 09:05 AM
WorldViz Team Member

How many images are we talking about?

Have you tried just playing the actual movies rather than breaking them into frames? You should be able to start to AVI or MPG clips simultaneously on two overlapping TEX_QUADs, and then on altnerating frames hide/reveal one quad or the other.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:02 PM

I'm dealing with thousands of images, all hi-res (this is why I don't want to use avi's or mpgs, because the quality is extremely reduced). It'd be ideal to be able to display the movies in hi-res, but I couldn't think of way to do so without using hi-res frames themselves and then using code to simulate the playback. If I were to separate into two movies, I'd have one for the left and one for the right, but I would need both of them to be displayed at the same time in order for the 3d effect to be possible. However, in this case, I could just render both the left and right frames into one movie (this works), but again we're back to quality.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:08 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi,

Which version of Vizard are you running? Also, would you mind posting the code that is causing the crash?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: