WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 08-11-2008, 12:27 PM

Stereo problems on 3D monitor

My program takes information from a tracker and shows the hand position of the person by displaying a green ball in the environment. I want this to look as 3 dimensionally as possible so using an ipd value of zero just wont work. I set it to the average ipd value of 0.06 and two separate green balls apear next to eachother. Then I messed with the fusion distance so the center of my environment was the center window but whenever I moved away from this position the two balls appear and get larger abnd larger apart as the hand moves away from the original window. What else should I try to solve this problem? Thanks
Old 08-11-2008, 02:05 PM
WorldViz Team Member

I don't understand what exactly the problem is. As you move a virtual object away from the viewpoint, the on-screen stereo separation should increase. If this is the behavior you are seeing, then the stereo is working fine.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:54 PM

hmm, what I want is to get is the environment and the ball to look 3D but when I set the ipd to 0.6 I get two separate images on top of eachother. When the ball is really close the images are really far apart, and when the ball is really far the images are also really far apart.

If I glue the fusion distance to the ball the earlier problem is solved but the surrounding environment gets warped as the ball moves. Does that help clarify anything?
Old 08-13-2008, 02:07 PM
WorldViz Team Member

I still don't understand what the problem is. What you are describing is normal for 3D stereo programs. What stereo mode are you using and is it compatible with your stereo monitor? Also, are you setting the screen distance parameter? The default is 1 meter, so if you are sitting further away than 1 meter from the monitor then you will need to modify this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: