WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 03-23-2004, 01:29 PM

Graphics accelerator problem

Hi,

My graphics card is pooping out on me during motion simulations. I am updating HEAD_POS with a continuous timer to simulate smooth (passive) linear translation of the eyepoint through an environment. I use hotspots to update the position of 3 different segments of the environment in a "leap frog" manner.

The program freezes at variable times during this process and the following message appears:
"VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands. Please tell ATI Technologies about this problem."

Any clues as to what is going on?
Old 03-23-2004, 01:50 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi,

I'm pretty sure this means that your graphics card is crashing. It only happens with ATI cards. There should be an option in your graphics card settings to turn VPU recover off. Right click on the desktop and click Properties, then select the Settings tab, then click Advanced, then select the VPU Recover tab and disable VPU recover. I'm not sure if this will help, but it's worth a try. Let me know if you still experience this problem. Good luck!
Old 03-23-2004, 02:03 PM

graphics accelerator

Turning off VPU Recover did not fix the problem... now, instead of giving me the error msg, the program simply freezes with the last frame still visible; computer frozen... before, the screen would go black (fullscreen mode) and then come back with the error message.
Old 03-23-2004, 02:56 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi,

Is it possible your graphics card is overheating? Make sure that the fan on your graphics card is getting power and running fine. Also, make sure that your graphics card is getting enough power. Some graphics cards require an additional connection to the power supply. Does this problem only occur with this script or other scripts as well?
Old 10-14-2009, 06:48 AM

This helped solve my problem with VPU Recovery

http://forums.amd.com/game/messagevi...VIEWTMP=Linear

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: