WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 05-13-2005, 06:04 AM

multiple stages

Hello,

i've made a few hundred stages in vizard, all using the same objects, with some differences in functionality. I could merge the functionality in 1 file, but that leaves me with loads of coordinates.

Now my first thing i'm thinking about is, would it be possible to load different .viz files within the same .py file. So for example the first program is completed, would it be possible to load another .viz file so the objects in the scene are placed according to the new coordinates?

Or would i have to parse the coordinates myself using something in a python module? (so for example i run through a first stage, when it's finished i read the coordinates from a file and .translate() everything to where it should be.

greets,

Kevin
Old 05-13-2005, 10:51 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi,

I have a script which parses a .viz file and extracts all objects along with their position,rotation, and scale. For this to work for you, all the object names have to be the same in all the .viz files. Send me an email at lashkari@worldviz.com and I'll supply you with this sample script.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: