WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 03-14-2008, 09:29 AM

3DS Max Export: automatic shader assignment for various maps

Hello,

In the file 3dsMaxExportGuide.pdf, which is included on the Vizard CD, it says:

"We need to set up a material that Vizard can use to automatically apply the necessary shaders."
"The suffix must come after an underscore _ and must be surrounded with square brackets [ ]"

I won't quote the whole thing, but as I understand it, the name of the material ends with something like _[NoCo] and the two letter codes assign the shaders. The only thing is it doesn't seem to be doing anything automatically. The documentation says each map needs to be a standard material with the map in the diffuse slot. When I export to to an IVE file and load it in Vizard, it seems to be treating all the maps as color maps. I can even swap around the letter codes between the square brackets and the texture looks exactly the same, leading me to believe that it is ignoring the special syntax of the texture name.

I can actually use the exact same maps via scripting using the bumpmap (which is not listed in the documentation!) and texture methods on the node3d object and it works fine. It would just be nice if all the geometry/maps/textures were kept together and did not have to be reconstructed in scripting.

So my question is, does this feature really work as described? Do you have to do anything to trigger it to do the shader assignment?

Thanks,
Emlyn

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: