WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 04-19-2010, 09:45 PM

3dtv

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has tried to setup vizard with any of the 3DTV systems that have been coming out recently.

eg:
http://www.panasonic.com/3d/full-hd-...er-system.aspx

Nvidia have some software that is supposed to support the TV's and get them ready to play games and watch movies etc.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_TV_play.html

I'm wondering if that is all thats needed. I couldn't find whether 3DTV Play supports OpenGL or whether they could be hooked up to a quadro graphics card. Any thoughts or experiences would be welcome.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2010, 02:07 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Looking at nvidia's 3D TV play page it says that it requires a 3D Vision-Ready GeForce GPU. I did not notice the mention of a Quadro card with this.

As far as we know, the drivers for these GeForce cards do not support using nvidia's 3D Vision product with OpenGL applications. For that reason, I don't think it will work with the Panasonic system either.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:15 PM

I just heard back from nVidia on this.

Quote:
I understand from your email that you would like to know if 3DTV Play support DirectX and OpenGL.

I am sorry unfortunately, it does not support OpenGL. However, it does support DirectX.
Maybe there is or will be some other way to connect to these TV's, preferably natively without extra software packages. I Believe the package itself was going to let you set your 3D settings via hot keys for settings such as eye separation and screen distance. I think it would be much more awesome to be able to set them through an API, such as within vizard.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: