WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 06-21-2003, 12:37 AM

Problems with viz.screencapture

I'm having some problems with the viz.screencapture function.
1) When it captures an image, it captures it upside down (reversed up and down, but not left and right).
2) If the Vizard World Window is resized, it contiues to display the world as you would expect, but if you attempt to call screencapture after resizing it, the program crashes. It says that it's genereating a log file, but I cannot find one. (If you resize one dimension at a time, it still works. It only crashes when you resize both dimensions at the same time.)
3) It captures whatever is on the screen in the area where the Vizard World Window is at the time screencapture is called. This means it can end up "capturing" pieces of entirely different windows if they're on top. This is easy to work around, but it doesn't seem like the correct behavior.
Old 06-23-2003, 09:55 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi,

Thanks for the post. This problem will be fixed in the next release. If you need to get screenshots right away, I would recommend using a free tool called FRAPS. You can download it at www.fraps.com. This tool allows you to create screenshots and movies from any OpenGL window. Just download and install the program. When you run it click on "Enable screen capture" and disable the option "Include framerate on screen captures". The screenshots will be saved to the Fraps directory.

-- Farshid

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: