WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Precision Position Tracker (PPT)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-26-2005, 09:16 AM

Viz PPT 1 problems

Hi,
I mistakenly posted this under the vizard section earlier.

But here I go again.

I am having problems with a Viz PPT 1 tracking system.

The system says that the position of the LED is jumping all over the place, when in a VIZ script.

The PPT interface, however shows the LED being tracked constantly.

I have made sure that there are no errant sources of light in the room and adjusted the threshold and gain settings in my curcal file.

None of these things has helped the situation.

I have also hooked up the camera feeds to external monitors, looing for dead pixels - to no avail.

Do you have any other suggestions as to what may be causing this type of behavior?
Old 08-26-2005, 12:04 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi Adam,

I suspect you are using a newer version of Vizard with a driver PPT driver that is no longer competible with the PPT1.1
(the newer drivers that now come with Vizard by default are for PPTX2 and PPTX4).

Please follow the instructions in forum post

WorldViz User Forum > Precision Position Tracker (PPT) > running PPT 1.1 with Vizard 2.12 or higher

http://www.worldviz.com/forum/showth...3?threadid=103

Hope that helps, please let me know.

Matthias
Old 08-29-2005, 08:29 AM

Hi, thanks for the advice. In response to an earlier question, we are using the viz ppt 1.1 and vizard 2.15.

I replaced the vizppt.dls file per your response and still see no improvement with regard to my problems.

It seems that the cameras are still jumping to new locations in the room.

I have recorded the raw data from the ppt system to a file here and you can see that the system inadvertantly jumps around on a non-moving and slowly moving tracked object.

The image from one of my camera's also looks to have a bit of snow on it, but none of the areas show up as red in the viz window. We have adjusted the threshold and gain settings in the curcal file to better track the LED but have seen so improvement yet when running a viz script.

Should we try a brighter LED, like a blue LED? Do you think the camera needs to be replaced, and if so where can we find a replacement?

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I need to get the system to track reliably by the end of this week.

Adam
Attached Files
File Type: txt ppt raw data.txt (260.6 KB, 2014 views)
Old 08-30-2005, 10:51 AM

Can the Clover cm625 camera be used as a replacement for one of the original b/w mini camera that comprised the viz ppt 1.1 system?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: