WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Precision Position Tracker (PPT)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-06-2004, 07:28 AM

Unhappy Problem with tracker after reboot

I have installed Vizard with 3 computers in windows XP for the first two Dell notebooks and a Desktop with Win2000 Professional. Before reboot my tracking device Intersense Intertrax2 works perfectly in the Gallery Demo. But after rebooting the first WinXP gallery doesn't track anymore, that's why I proceed with the second Dell WinXp, which worked, then it didn't work after rebooting.

Proceeding to Win2000 it worked for a couple of days without reboot, I rebooted today and it doesn't track anymore! The intersense server and ISDemo provided by intertrax2 showed that the device is operational and showed the Yaw/Pitch/Row working alright, but Vizard just doesn't track!

The errors are:
** ERROR: Failed to connect to intersense
FFB device create failed

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks much!
Old 04-06-2004, 09:12 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi Eugene,

There are three possibilities about what could cause the problems you see. Please do the following:

A) Use a new Intersense driver provided at worldviz.com/intersense_215.zip and attached to this post. Replace the driver intersense.dls in the Vizard20/plugins folder with the new driver. This driver lets you specify the port the Intersense is connected to. For example, if the intersense is plugged into COM2 you would do the following:

PORT_INTERSENSE = 2
Isense = viz.add('intersense.dls')

B) You might have installed the Intersense Server on your computer, which runs automatically after restart and is known to conflict with other Intersense drivers. Please make sure the IServer is not running when you run the Vizard applications.

C) It sounds like you are only using an Intersense cube, not the PPT (WorldViz Precision Position Tracker for walking around in the simulation). For this, please get rid of the lines

pos = viz.add('vizppt.dls')
pos.command(4.002)
pos.command(13)

and lower down (where the reset button is defined) the line

pos.reset()

Hope that helps.

Matthias
Attached Files
File Type: zip intersense_215.zip (29.1 KB, 2719 views)
Old 04-07-2004, 01:02 AM

Its working now!

Dear Support, what would we do without you???!!!

Its working now after closing the intersense server! The other SkyDiver Demo from Maelstrom also worked. The intersense server is at fault.

Thank you
Old 08-01-2009, 12:13 PM

vizard and ppt

HI Folk

can I have a control to the vizard's avatar through PPT? ( for example ,if subject moved his head ... avatar will move his head ?)

I am looking for motion capture system can be used with vizard without using any other software.

any other information?

thanks

Mai
Old 08-03-2009, 11:26 PM
WorldViz Team Member

In order to do motion capture with Vizard and PPT you would need to purchase Motionbuilder and the Live Characters plug-in.

What kind of motion capture do you want to do?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: