WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 05-09-2007, 01:47 PM

Export Materials

Hi there,
I'm having trouble applying a cal3d exported material from 3Dmax8 SP3 into vizard. The skeleton/mesh appear fine but are not textured with the material (standard type) exported from max (just grey), I've checked the .crf and the link to the jpg looks fine. If I apply the texture jpg directly through vizard this works fine too (although I'd rather have the completed avatar called by vizard), and before anyone suggests these: I've double- checked the .cfg file and it looks in order; moved all the files involved to the same folder; listed the [#] behind each material name in max; and re- exported the mesh file after exporting any changed material files. Can anyone help me out?

Andy
Old 05-10-2007, 10:34 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi,

It's hard to tell what's wrong without looking at the files. Could you email the exported files to lashkari@worldviz.com and I will take a look at it.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:58 AM

Red face Is this solved?

Is this solved? I'm curious. I used 3DSMax6 for one of our project, followed the cal3d exporter tutorial exactly and ended up with grey-no-texture model. So I had to apply the texture by vizard script.

Regards,
Iwan
Old 06-05-2007, 09:38 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi,

Yes, I believe the problem was the user did not apply the material to the mesh in Max. If you are having problems exporting you can always email the model to me and I can take a look.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: