WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 08-01-2016, 01:59 AM

Smile Regarding ART Smart Track Camera+Vizard Orientation Issue

Hi Jeff,
I have a single wall of 5 Feets x 4 Feets,I have my smartrack mounted in between exactly top of the wall.
i have configured my smartrack and Vizard,and is correctly tracking and the vrpn server is sending data to vizard Vizconnect gui.

I have a target attached on my active 3D Glass(Head Tracker) and one target attached to the game controller(Hand Tracker) and they are calliberated and is sending data to VRPN via DTrack2 Software(like our PPT for world viz camera.)

Situation(Head Tracker & HandTracker attached):

1)i have restricted Roll to get 5DOF thru vizard progrmitically.

2)Rotation about X(Yaw) is proper and correct
- when i look up,the orientation is proper and correct and i can see the views more.
-when i look down,the orientation is proper and correct and i can see the views more

The problem is here.
3)Rotation about Y(Pitch) has a problem
-When i move the head tracker (pitch wise)from left to right the orientation is opposite(and giving orientation which was supposed to be for right to left).
-And vice versa for right to left (pitch wise)the orientation is also opposite.

Pls assist me jeff,how can how can i make the orientation about pitch wise correctly through Vizard Code or Vizconnect settings?
Waiting for your reply.

Regards&Thanx
Mr.Rajnish Vishwakarma
VR Developer
Xenium Digital Pvt. Ltd.Mumbai
(Customer of World Viz)
Old 08-01-2016, 06:55 AM
WorldViz Team Member

DTrack supports two different coordinate outputs, one is called 'Powerwall' and the other is 'Standard'. If you select 'Powerwall' than the right-to-left conversion will work:

Code:
# VRPN Tracker connection (to ART Dtrack)
vrpn = viz.add('vrpn7.dle')
headtracker = vrpn.addTracker('DTrack@localhost')           #Default sensor is 0. Head tracker is on DTrack sensor 0
headtracker.swapPos([1,2,-3])
headtracker.swapQuat([-1,-2,3,4])
Old 08-03-2016, 04:09 AM

Smile Regarding Vizard+ARTSmart Track

Hi Jeff,
Than you for ur reply for ,my last post.
This is also related to last post.
As told by you i have used the "powerwall co-ordinates" as my display and i managed to get orientation and feeling correctly with the ART SmatTrack Camera(as i used to get using World viz camera)when i m orienting in the environment room in the setup.

Problem:-

My head tracker in working proper ,but i have also attached handTracker in the the trackers options in the avatar animator section.
I should get the hand tracker glove to be visible in the display,but it is not visible.
But i m not able to get the HandTracker(Hand Glove not visible) in the display when i have taken "powerwall co-ordinates" as a siplay.

Also pls c to my question and request you to clarify jeff:
1)What happen if i select only "powerwall" instead of "powerwall co-ordinates"?
2)What is "standard" display refers to in vizconnect and does powerwall refers to both "powerwall' and "powerwall coordinates"

I have also attached my "vizconnect_config.py" file in the post.
Pls also see to that.

Also pls explain me the last two lines of your code you posted in reply in some words,as i am not able to get,Pls jeff.

Your code:

headtracker.swapPos([1,2,-3])
headtracker.swapQuat([-1,-2,3,4])

#----------------------------------End--------------------------------#
Pls assist me jeff.
Waiting for ur reply.

Thanx&Regards
Mr.Rajnish Vishwakarma
Mobile,AR,VR
Xenium Digital Pvt ltd,Mumbai
Attached Files
Attached Files
File Type: zip vizconnect_config.zip (4.0 KB, 877 views)

Last edited by rajnishv; 08-03-2016 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:48 AM
WorldViz Team Member

The powerwall setting I'm referring to is in the Dtrack software. This determines the coordinate system of the data that's streamed out and is unrelated to any powerwall options in vizconnect.

The data still needs to be converted to match Vizard's coordinate system. In the trackers section of the vizconnect file you have trackers named 'dtrack' and 'dtrack2'. You can apply the conversions in the postInit section of the vizconnect file. So it will look like this:

Code:
def postInit():
	"""Add any code here which should be called after all of the initialization of this configuration is complete.
	Returned values can be obtained by calling getPostInitResult for this file's vizconnect.Configuration instance."""

vizconnect.getTracker('dtrack').getRaw().swapPos([1,2,-3])
	vizconnect.getTracker('dtrack').getRaw().swapQuat([-1,-2,3,4])
	vizconnect.getTracker('dtrack2').getRaw().swapPos([1,2,-3])
	vizconnect.getTracker('dtrack2').getRaw().swapQuat([-1,-2,3,4])

return None
Old 08-06-2016, 03:50 AM

Thank you very much Jeff for ur reply!!!!
Thanx a lot World Viz Team!!!

Thanx&Regards
Mr.Rajnish Vishwakarma
Mobile,AR,VR
Old 08-12-2016, 05:42 AM

Hi Jeff,
Thanx for ur last help.
Achieved:
1)I got my ARTSmarttrack working with vizard.
2)Proper orientation is achieved through ARTSmarttrack for both the trackers,Head&Hand.
3)I have my powerwall(only front wall) and have a ARTSmartTrack mounted above the wall.
4)When i m standing,4 feets away from the wall,the orientaion is proper for both the trackers and when i move 1 feet or so, forward then also the orientaion seems to be proper.

My Problem is here:

1When i move more thatn 1.5 feets to 2 feets or more forward(towards the wall),my content get smaller and smaller and also sometimes it goes off(stretched and becomes small) and also not proper content is seen.

The problem is with i moving forward towards the wall and content goes off(stretched and wiered projection is seen).

Jeff request you to pls suggest a fesable solution,or is there any code or trick in vizconnect or in vizard to get the solution for the above problem to be solved,so that the content does not goes off but a proper content is seen with orientation to some extent when moving forward.

Pls assist me jeff.
Waiting for ur reply.

Thanx&Regards
Mr.Rajnish Vishwakarma
Mobile,AR,VR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: