WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Precision Position Tracker (PPT)

Old 06-06-2011, 04:41 PM

Exclamation MotionStar Position Tracking

Hello, I'm trying to capture my real-time movements in motionbuilder using motionStar. I am able to record a t-pose and attach the markers to the ankles, hip, and the head with successfull tracking (the head and hip are oriented). However, the wrists sensors are not attaching to the desinated markers. Once I go back to the live state everythings tracks correctly but the arms; I get no movement from the arms, the sensors are still floating mid-air and there are small white markers located on the wrist. Please help, I gone through the other post.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:24 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Can you attach a screenshot of what the actor looks like after snapping the actor to the markers? Sometimes if the the hip marker is not in the right location the actor's arms don't get mapped properly to the markers. Attached is an image showing where the hip marker should be.

With MotionStar all the markers should have orientation associated with them, not just the head and hip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hip_marker.png
Views:	1470
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	431  
Old 06-14-2011, 01:39 PM

Thanks so much. I have issues with tracking in vizard;I have gone through avaiable demos. I'm getting an error message concerning the module stating. ImportError: No module named (xxxx) or a No Attribute error; I'm using Ascension Motionstar. I'm not sure what the module is?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: