WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 02-09-2016, 11:38 AM

Demo launcher vizconnect

I am having trouble specifying my tracker setup in the demo launcher vizconnect intermediate configuration utility. My system uses PPT for position and Intersense with PPT optical heading for orientation. The Intersense is plugged into the PPT machine, and the PPT machine is connected to the rendering machine over the network.

The configuration utility allows me to add PPT for position, but the intersense option for orientation requires a port number, suggesting that it won't work for my setup. There is also a "Virtual: Optical heading" option, but it doesn't give me the Intersense option for the orientation tracker. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:53 PM
WorldViz Team Member

The Intersense should be associated with a virtual serial port which shows up in the device manager. You can leave the value at 0 in Vizconnect and Vizard will scan all available ports. For a quicker connection or if that does not work you can enter the value shown in the device manager.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:35 AM

Thanks Jeff. I tried setting port to 0, but orientation data are still not coming through (position data, on the other hand, are coming through, as evident when I move the HMD and the display shows translation in the VE). I tried finding the Intersense port using the device manager on the rendering computer, but I don't see the device listed there. Perhaps it has a name I don't recognize? On the PPT computer, the Intersense appears to be using port 6 (I found this by looking at the Intersense utility, but again couldn't find it in the device manager list).

Since I had trouble identifying the port, I simply tried 0-9 but had no luck there either.

Thanks again.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:51 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Are you able to connect to the sensor with ISDemo on the rendering machine? Make sure when connecting in Vizard, that the Intersense software is not connected to the sensor at that time. Which Intersense device to you have?
Old 02-11-2016, 07:37 AM

To my knowledge, there is no Intersense software installed on the rendering machine; it is only on the PPT machine. I'm using the InertiaCube 2.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:04 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Install Intersense software on the rendering machine and see if you can connect using that.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:53 AM

I've installed the Interesnse software on the rendering machine, but it is unable to connect to the Intersense device on the PPT machine. The same software running on the PPT machine connects to the Intersense device without issue.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:07 PM
WorldViz Team Member

I would recommend contacting Intersense support for help with establishing the connection to their software. Once that is working, we can help make sure it connects in Vizard.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: