WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2009, 07:46 AM

Dtrack and avatar -coordinates question

I am using the A.R.Track and Dtrack system to provide position data in WorldViz. I was able to get my avatars head to work with it correctly using setEuler on the headbone. When I go and try to add a left hand, I cannot get my avatar's left hand to match what my hand with the position sensor is doing.

For the record, I have swapped the Pos and Quat to work with Dtrack. (The documentation says I should use headTrkr.swapPos([1,2,-3]) and headTrkr.swapQuat([-1,-2,3,4]) but in order to make my head work correctly I ended up having to use headTrkr.swapPos([-2,3,1]) and headTrkr.swapQuat([2,-3,-1,4]).)

I have also been using the bone.setEuler in viz.AVATAR_WORLD mode so I do not believe that is the issue. Like I said, my head bone works 100% correctly and I applied the same transformations and such to my left hand with the other sensor.

I think my problem is that I do not understand how the coordinate system of the individual bones are modeled so that I can adjust my euler positions correctly.

Is there a printout or webpage or something that shows the vcc_male model with the x,y,z and yaw, pitch, roll coordinate system mapped onto each bone model?

I have done a thorough search of the board and saw someone else asking for this bone coordinates definition but I did not see where he got an answer. I have reached the limits of my patience with the trial and error technique and am now seeking assistance from anyone that might have already dealt with this problem.