WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 06-22-2003, 11:23 AM

Unhappy some question on vizard

The following is some problems, hope to get your help.

problem 1:
If I add some VRML file in the mouse or keyboard callback method, it can't work. for example:

import viz
viz.go()

def mykeyboard(whichKey):
print 'The following key was pressed: ', whichKey
t = viz.add('helloworld.wrl')#######this cannot work

viz.callback(viz.KEYBOARD_EVENT, mykeyboard)

s = viz.add('helloworld.wrl')######this one work properly

problem 2:
if I register a keyboard or mouse callback method like above, how can I stop it.

problem 3:
After I add a VRML file, can I delete it,
I only found the method viz.visible(False) to make it unvisible,but I
am not sure if it still use the memory.

problem 4:
I have a GUI made by Tk, but how can I use it in vizard, or vizard have another gui tools.

problem 5:
We have some experiments implemented in SGI system, and we want to reuse some iv(or VRML 1.0) files, that are not supported in this version. do you have plan to support them in later version, or have some tools to convert them.

Best wishes!
Old 06-23-2003, 09:35 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi,

Wow, most of your problems will be solved by the next major release, which should come out around August.
The current version of Vizard does not allow you to add objects during a callback. The next major release will allow this. Also, the next release will be able to load VRML 1.0 files too. Currently you can't remove an object from memory, but you can make it invisible as you already did. We are hoping to have this feature by the next release also.

There is no way to stop a callback. You can set a flag within your script and just ignore incoming events. However, we might consider adding this to the next release since it would not be too difficult to implement.

Theoretically you should be able to use Tk with Vizard as long as the Tk library is installed somewhere in the python path. Try installing the library in [VIZARD_PATH]/bin/DLLs where VIZARD_PATH is the location Vizard is installed.

Please let me know if you have anymore problems,

-- Farshid
Old 06-23-2003, 11:33 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi,
You are right, 'on the fly' loading of geometry objects is currently not supported (but will in Vizard2.0 in July). With Vizard 1.x, you need to initially load all the objects you need. When you want something to appear and disappear, you can use the object. curtain command. I'm attaching you the changed tutorial_rotation file as 'simpleworld.zip' to show how to do it. Press the 'a' and 'b' keys to make the hedra appear and disappear.

Have fun!

Matthias
Attached Files
File Type: zip simpleworld.zip (7.9 KB, 1673 views)
Old 06-23-2003, 12:22 PM

Thanks a lot

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: