WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 08-29-2016, 12:44 AM

vizconnect vs(?) vizcave

hey all

I have access to a 3-wall cave system and am now trying to figure out how to efficiently program for that thing.

What are the jobs of the vizconnect and vizcave modules in this setup? Do I need only one or both?

The one thing I could discern is that vizconenct sets up / connects the head and wand trackers, but not what it does with them and how to access them. for example to disable wand inputs during certain times in a vr run.

thanks and cheers
Old 08-29-2016, 05:27 AM
WorldViz Team Member

The vizconnect cave and powerwall options generate the vizcave code for you. What are the three walls and is a separate machine used to render each wall?
Old 08-29-2016, 05:44 AM

The walls are left, center, and right, all driven by a single machine.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:10 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Then you can use the corner cave manual configuration option and turn both right and left walls to on.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:54 AM

Yes, I have a working config that I can load with vizconnect.go(config).
My question is more how to find out what handles the vizconnect offers and how to use them. For example running the basicLinking script from vizard -> getting started -> Linking with a vizconnect.go(config) does not work as there is no longer a viz.MainView that is usable/accessible (in bind view to avatar, avatar to pointer is still ok). What takes its place?
Old 08-30-2016, 12:08 AM
WorldViz Team Member

In a vizconnect application, view updates are based on the transforms of parent nodes (e.g. trackers, transports) in the scenegraph. Commands that set the view or link the view to another object get overwritten. You can use a vizconnect viewpoint object to help set the view. This forces the view to a location while taking into account the parent hierarchy. Moving the user to a general location within the environment can be accomplished by setting the position of a parent transport’s node3D object. In this case, the view position is equal to the transport position plus offsets from other parent nodes:

Code:
transportNode = vizconnect.getTransport('main_transport').getNode3d()
transportNode.setPosition([0,0,20])
Old 08-30-2016, 12:54 AM

That's what I was looking for, thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: