WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 07-30-2014, 01:52 PM

Question 3DS Max to Vizard osbg Scaling Issue

Hi,

I've imported an osgb model of a squash racket from 3DS Max into Vizard, but my scale is all off. I've tried fixing the scale within 3DS Max by going to 'Customize' -> 'Units Setup' -> 'System Unit Setup' as described in the guide linked below by Vizard and re-exported with no luck. I have gone through and made sure all other options and menu settings in 3DS Max were to Vizard's exporting specifications. I've also tried fixing the model with the scaling function built in Vizard, but that quickly turned out to be too much of a hassle since there is no easy factor to scale by.

This model needs to link up perfectly to a motion captured physical racket for an experiment, so getting the scaling correct is really important. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

guide: http://docs.worldviz.com/vizard/Crea...els_basics.htm
Old 07-30-2014, 02:48 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Download and install the latest OSG exporter for Max from our website if you don't have that. In the exporter options under Miscellaneous, set Convert units to Meters before you export your model.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:42 AM

Hi Jeff,

I am experiencing the same issue. I have tried every combination of Unit in max and Conversion in the exporter that sounded at least somehow "right", but it didn't help. I ended up either having an object 10 times taller than I wanted it to be, or 10 times smaller.

Do you know any other possibility?

vicmcg9, did you find any solution for this?

Thanks for your support
Old 08-03-2014, 12:31 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Try creating a simple object in Max such as a box and verify the dimensions. The only thing you should need to do is export the model with Convert units set to Meters in the OSG exporter. Load the model in Inspector and the check the dimensions there. The status bar at the bottom shows the bounding box dimensions of the current selection. Does that work correctly for you?

Tags
3ds max, model, osgb, osgb export, scaling

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: