WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 07:53 PM

Unhappy question about NVIDIA 3D vision

I have a question about NVIDIA 3D vision, which is puzzling me for half a month. No one can help me to solve it, so I come this forum to seeking help, the question is follows.

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 2233RZ LCD Monitor, and Geforce 3D vision shutter glasses. the display card in my computer is Nvidia Quadro fx 1700, my os is win7. I want to use these environment to achieve active stereo.

I installed all the drivers, and the shutter glasses have passed the driver test. I also used them to play some games, such as "Ballance 3D" and "Need For Speed". the stereo effect is very cool. But when I use them in vizard, the problem is coming.

In vizard, I directly use the following code:
viz.go(viz.QUAD_BUFFER|viz.FULLSCREEN)
then the input/ output window will show the following prompt, and the program do not show stereo pictures.
Producer::VisualChooser: the requested visual is not available, trying to relax attributes...

and then, I adjust the display control panel as follows.
stereo-display mode = generic active stereo
stereo-enable=On
stereo-swap eyes=On

after that, when I run the program again, the monitor can display the ghost pictures, but the shutter glasses can not work, I still see the ghost through the glasses. that seems the nvidia shutter glasses can not work for vizard.

can anybody help me? why the nvidia shutter glasses do not work in vizard? are there any wrong setting?
Old 06-25-2010, 11:46 AM
WorldViz Team Member

As far as we know, 3D Vision does not support OpenGL applications on GeForce cards, so it will not work with Vizard.

It may work with Quadro cards, that's where the viz.QUAD_BUFFER flag would be used.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:27 PM

thanks Jeff very much!

my display card is NVIDIA quadro fx1700, that is a Quadro card. and I also writed the following code in my vizard script. but the shutter glasses can not work. I don't know why.

viz.go(viz.QUAD_BUFFER|viz.FULLSCREEN)
Old 06-26-2010, 03:46 PM

I also have a Samsung 2233, the NVidia shutter glasses and a Quadro 3800. Once loading the Quadro drivers for the glasses, I've had no problems getting it to work using viz.QUAD_BUFFER.

One thing that might be tripping you up is that most of the games that work with this setup use Direct3D for the stereo 3D, so once you've installed the drivers, there isn't anything you have to do. For OpenGL based stereo 3D, you still have to go into the card setup and activate OpenGL 3D. You'll also have to set how the glasses are connected, either via the USB port or by the 3D VESA port on the graphics card.

I'm guessing you haven't done that yet, and that's why you are getting the:

Producer::VisualChooser: the requested visual is not available, trying to relax attributes...

message. It's saying it isn't able to turn on the OpenGL 3D mode.

I'd start with verifying that the OpenGL 3D mode is enabled and the proper connection method is set for the glasses.

Aaron
Old 06-28-2010, 03:38 PM

Also make sure that after you change any of the Quadro 3D settings, that you exit and restart Vizard. If Vizard is not restarted after enabling stereo 3D, your request for viz.QUAD_BUFFER will still not work, giving the impression that something else is wrong, when in fact you just need to restart Vizard.

regards,
Wayne
Old 08-02-2010, 06:49 AM

In the nVidia control panel, set it to "Generic active stereo (with NVIDIA IR)" as shown above - its the 4th one down.

Ensure that your display is set to 120hz, where it says 60hz on the screenshot:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: