WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 09-27-2005, 12:56 AM

shadow.py and refract.py missing in trail 2.53

Hello,

I just downloaded 2.53f and I was hoping to find shadow.py there as part of the examples. But it isn't there, while in vizard help it is written that it is supposed to be in the tex_lightning directory. And the same goes for refract.py.

So I wondered what went wrong and if there is a possibility of posting both missing examples on the forum. That would be of great help.

Searsky
Old 09-27-2005, 12:07 PM
WorldViz Team Member

This is a mistake in the documentation (it's forshadowing what's in the pipe for Vizard 3.0 for next year).

If you have a burning need for either of these features, please describe your application and how you need to solve a specific problem and we can perhaps provide you with an interim solution.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:33 AM

I'm working on a room design app, which works nicely with vizard, but I'm concentrating myself first on the GUI with wxPython so I don't have a burning need right now.

It's good to hear it's in the pipeline for 3.0

Tnx
Searsky
Old 09-28-2005, 08:38 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Much of what you may be trying to achieve might be best done using "render to texture" features within 3DMax. There, you can perform fancy (otherwise non-realtime) lighting and render the results to a light map which can then be used in Vizard to modulate your scene. I don't have a demo I can easily provide you at the moment but the duck court room is an example of render to texture--all the lighting effect there are generated in 3DMax and baked onto the wall textures. Lights maps are slighly different but same idea.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: