WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 07-27-2020, 08:24 AM

Question Flanker task, help me :(

Hi! I'm new to programming and WorldViz (almost two months), and have only learned the basics about this new field I'm aiming to work with.

I have to recreate some cognitive control task such as the Flanker Task or the Simon Task. I managed to build something like a Simon Task that loads the environment, places some objects based on some given coordinate locations.. (honestly my code look like Frankenstein, is just a bunch of pieces from here and there)

In the Simon task, participants are asked to respond to visual stimuli by making a rightward response to one stimulus (e.g., a circle) and a leftward response to another (e.g., a square). The stimuli are sometimes presented on the right side of the display and sometimes on the left. The location/side of the display on which the stimuli appear is irrelevant to accurate performance on the task, but it influences participants’ patterns of responding by either matching (i.e., congruent trials) or not matching (i.e., incongruent trials) the side (left or right) of the correct button press associated with the shape. The main dependent measures of interest contrasts reaction time and accuracy for congruent trials (e.g., a circle on the right side of the screen) vs incongruent trials (e.g., a circle on the left side of the screen).

I was wondering if someone could help me building the Simon Task, and from there, my guess is that I will be able to make the Flanker Task. Any help that could give me an idea of how to work this out would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Old 08-25-2021, 09:44 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi Rocabado,

Hope all is well. We are just working thru a clean-up here with our support systems and from what we can tell, your support ended up happening in the WorldViz closed support ticket system for our customers with Support contracts (under support@worldviz.com), and hopefully your questions have all been addressed?

Sorry for not answering earlier here, and thanks for being a Worldviz customer.

All best,

Matthias

Tags
cognitive control, learning, psychology, simontask

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: