WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2016, 03:51 AM

Question regarding getEuler and it uses

Hi Jeff and everybody,
I'm using vizard 5.3 with Oculus Rift DK2, runtime 0.8 and xbox one controller.
I built a configuration file via vizconnect in this order: Tracker - DK2 -> Transport -Walking with the xbox keys (up,down,left,right)-> Transport - Orientation with the left toggle (rotate left and right) -> Display - DK2 and AVATAR - hand and head.
I have a scene that i created in sketchup and imported it into vizard. In these scene i have a room with 4 cues on 4 walls (one cue per wall) and participants needs to go to a target location inside the room while using the cues to find the place.
I'm using viz.MainView.getEuler to get orientation of the participant and write it to a text file. I want to know which cue/s participants are looking when trying to get to target location so i care only about the yaw. I want to ask if it's right to refer to yaw rotation as the angle participants are looking at and know the cue they are looking at based on yaw?
Another question, if i'm looking on the same cue but from different location in the room (different positions), will i get the same yaw rotarion angle?
If it's not the way to know that, is there a way to know that without eye tracking?

Thanks in advence.