WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-24-2008, 10:35 AM

emagin stereo vision quadro fx 570

I am having a problem configuring my emagin 3d visor, vizard, and my quadro fx 570 graphics card to display 3d output.

What I currently have is the following for a setup:

My current script is:

viz.go(viz.FULLSCREEN | viz.QUAD_BUFFER |viz.HMD |viz.STEREO)
emagin = viz.add('emagin.dls')
viz.link(emagin, viz.MainView)
viz.add('grid-big.IVE')#simple grid environment I created
viz.add('axis.IVE')#center mark object for orientation reference

As far as all the parameters for viz.go, I believe I need all four of those. I currently see the world with a distinct right and left view, however, i see both views on both screens of my visor. The indicator light on the eMagin box is also a constant orange/yellow which i read means it is only receiving one input instead of stereo input (constant green)

The configuration of my graphics card at the moment is the following:
NVidia Quadro FX 570
The computer monitor and the visor are a clone of each other, both set at 800x600.
And the 3d settings I have tried to play with are as follows (first option is selected):
Buffer-Flipping mode (auto-select, block transfer)
Force Stereo Shuttering (On, Off)
Stereo Display Mode (Use nView Clone mode, use vertical interlace monitor, use color interleaved monitor)
Stereo Enable (On, Off)
Stereo Swap Eyes(Off, ON)
Triple Buffering (On, Off)

I believe I have the current drivers (v. 6.14.11.6926 for the card), I have used the nvidia site to install the most recent for my graphics card and also installed the recommended forceware driver ( v. 91.31_forceware_3dstereo). There was also a 78.01_3DStereo driver I tried. I am at a loss with configuring these settings. If anyone can offer any advice I would be most appreciative.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:47 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Try removing the viz.STEREO flag from the viz.go() command. The viz.STEREO and viz.QUAD_BUFFER flags are mutually exclusive, you can only specify one, and in this case the viz.STEREO flags is taking precedence, so you get horizontally split stereo.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith11235 View Post
I am having a problem configuring my emagin 3d visor, vizard, and my quadro fx 570 graphics card to display 3d output.

What I currently have is the following for a setup:

My current script is:

viz.go(viz.FULLSCREEN | viz.QUAD_BUFFER |viz.HMD |viz.STEREO)
emagin = viz.add('emagin.dls')
viz.link(emagin, viz.MainView)
viz.add('grid-big.IVE')#simple grid environment I created
viz.add('axis.IVE')#center mark object for orientation reference

As far as all the parameters for viz.go, I believe I need all four of those. I currently see the world with a distinct right and left view, however, i see both views on both screens of my visor. The indicator light on the eMagin box is also a constant orange/yellow which i read means it is only receiving one input instead of stereo input (constant green)

The configuration of my graphics card at the moment is the following:
NVidia Quadro FX 570
The computer monitor and the visor are a clone of each other, both set at 800x600.
And the 3d settings I have tried to play with are as follows (first option is selected):
Buffer-Flipping mode (auto-select, block transfer)
Force Stereo Shuttering (On, Off)
Stereo Display Mode (Use nView Clone mode, use vertical interlace monitor, use color interleaved monitor)
Stereo Enable (On, Off)
Stereo Swap Eyes(Off, ON)
Triple Buffering (On, Off)

I believe I have the current drivers (v. 6.14.11.6926 for the card), I have used the nvidia site to install the most recent for my graphics card and also installed the recommended forceware driver ( v. 91.31_forceware_3dstereo). There was also a 78.01_3DStereo driver I tried. I am at a loss with configuring these settings. If anyone can offer any advice I would be most appreciative.
Hi,

I have emagin z800 goggles and I need to buy a NVIDI quadro graphics card.
Frame-sequential stereo is essential for me. Does it work ok with worldviz ? Were there stereo problems with other software ?

Thanks for you help!

Gil
Portugal
Old 08-01-2008, 01:49 AM
WorldViz Team Member

nVidia Quadro cards work if they can do fullscreen active stereo which the better ones all do. do for example the Quadro FX 570 card should work.

viz.QUAD_BUFFER should do it, combined obviously with the correct nVidia graphics card settings which must allow software controlled active stereo.

one thing that you should always do is to have ONLY the emagin connected for the first round of testing, and a monitor only 'behind' the emagin, i.e. connected thru it's out-vga port.

if you connect a monitor in parallel (i.e. with the second output of the graphics card), then this could be a reason why it's not working.

anyways, to answer the questions, all higher-end quadro cards work in stereo.

also, the nvidia geforce 7950 cards were the last series of a 'consumer card' which reliably worked with the nvidia consumer stereo driver.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:50 PM
WorldViz Team Member

nvidia consumer stereo drivers

Regarding nVidia's support of their consumer class stereo (on Geforce series hardware), the nVidia website claims to now support current Forceware drivers under Vista. It seems as if the XP support for consumer stereo may have frozen with the 7-series as suggested above.

WorldViz has always found the consumer class stereo drivers be quite fragile, so you won't know if this is an option for your particular hardware until you've tried it. If you want robust active stereo, then Quadro hardware is the recommendation.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:01 PM

The new Vista Forceware Geforce drivers do not support shutter glasses stereo, aka frame sequential stereo, aka active stereo. The eMagin requires this kind of stereo and therefore is not supported by the new Vista stereo drivers.

The vista stereo drivers only support passive polarized stereo and red/blue anaglyph stereo.

As stated, a Geforce 7000 series or Quadro is required for the eMagin.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: