WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Precision Position Tracker (PPT)

Old 11-21-2003, 10:19 AM

Inter-Camera Distance

Hi,
I have just reconfigured my PPT VR arena to make the space larger. To do this I moved the cameras further apart. In fact, I moved them to 12 meters apart. However, when I do the simple calibration, I am unable to place 12 meters in the text box. It tells me that I am limited to 0.5 - 10 meters. Is there a reason for this limitation? More importantly, can I override it?

Brian
Center for Perceptual Systems
University of Texas
http://stankiewiczlab.psy.utexas.edu
Old 11-24-2003, 10:18 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Your version of the PPT software was only ever meant to track up to 10 x 10 meters. Unfortunately, the calibration interface has this same limitation. You can easily circumvent this limitation by entering dummy values in these fields (just make them distinct so you can distinguish them later). Then, edit the curcal.cal file that gets generated in a standard text editor. Doing so you can manually change the numbers to values greater than 10.

If the total coverage area of your tracking space exceeds 10 x 10 meters, you may run into limits during real-time use. If so, you may want to contact support@worldviz.com to discover what your options are for upgrading this capability.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: