WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 01-23-2004, 12:15 PM

Using Cal3d Avatars

We are trying to use the default R2 Avatars (Cal3d) along with the getbone() method to attach a sensor to individual bones of the avatar. However, when we get the bone of the avatar using the names we've tried, all return an invalid bone (from the valid() method of the VizBone data structure). We assume that we are not getting the names of the default bones correct and thus not getting a valid bone. Could somebody enlighten us about the names of the bones in the default models, or any other help that might be necessary. Thanks for your time!

Zach
Old 01-23-2004, 01:10 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi Zach,

What is the name of the bone you are trying to get? I'm thinking you have the older avatars which have a problem with the bone structure. We will be releasing 2.15 soon which will resolve this problem or if it is urgent I could send you the latest avatar files.
Old 01-23-2004, 01:27 PM

Hello,
Thanks for the quick reply. We are definitely using the R2 Avatars (as documented) in the 2.14 package by loading the female.cfg file, it is loading all of the parts of the avatar data including the cmx files and the like. We are presently trying to get the head "bone" but after we get this working we will want to get various arms, legs, etc. If your revisions would help in this matter, I would definitely be grateful for them. Thanks for your time and concideration.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:31 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi Zach,

Actually, I think the female avatar is fine, the problem is with the male avatar. When you load your script the female avatar should appear in your script resources. You should be able to expand it and view all of its bones. I attached a screenshot of what it should look like. For instance, if you want to get the bone for the right upper arm you would do the following:
Code:
female = viz.add('female.cfg')
rightArm = female.getbone('skel_ArmRU')

#lock the bone in order to take manual control
rightArm.lock()

#Perform some rotation on the bone
rightArm.rotate(0,1,0,45)
Let me know of this works for you. Good Luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen.jpg (15.5 KB, 2399 views)
Old 01-27-2004, 10:26 AM

Thanks for your help. Worked perfectly.

Zach

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: