WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 10-01-2008, 04:39 PM

Toolbar

Hi there,

In Vizard, I'm trying to create this toolbar that takes up the the left side of the screen. The toolbar is basically 4 boxes and each box has a different picture of a tool the user can select and use. (I should mention that I'm using the OMNI haptic pen and the user selects a tool from the toolbar with the marker in the world. This is essential.) So I created 4 very thin boxes and textured each box with the picture I wanted (shovel, pickaxe, brush, and hand) and then linked these boxes to the screen. The only problem that I have is that when I look around in the world and the toolbar collides with an object in the world, the object in the world overlaps the toolbar. Is there a way to have the toolbar continually in the foreground? Also, when I move around in the world the boxes aren't perfectly linked to the screen. They drag behind a little. Can you link the boxes so that they don't drag at all like 2D text? Or is there a way to create a toolbar with pictures so that the user can select the tool using the OMNI pen? The way I have it set up now works with the OMNI pen.

Thanks,
Nicole
Old 10-02-2008, 11:15 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Can you post the code you are using to link the boxes to the screen? Here is some sample code that will create a texture quad and display it on the screen:
Code:
quad = viz.addTexQuad(parent=viz.SCREEN)
quad.setPosition([0.1,0.5,0])

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: