WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 12-03-2012, 06:50 PM

Sony glasstron not displaying properly

Hi,

I have a older model of sony glasstron HMD (resolution is 800X600) I'm trying to get working with vizard 3.0. I got to the point where I can get the different left and right eye views, but it is not displaying properly. I get the two eyes' view side-by-side with the split showing about 20% of the way from the right side of the screen. Both eyes' screens display the same thing. It connect through a normal monitor port.

The computer has a nvidia 8800GT graphics card, and I have made sure it has the latest drivers. The control panel shows no option for turning stereo on, and the enable stereoscopic 3D check box only brings up the nvidia 3D vision program (any suggestions on where to look?). Since these are Sony glasses rather than nVidia glasses, the program can't detect them and the setup fails. I am running windows 7, 64bit.

The code to start stereo I have right now is:
Code:
viz.go(viz.STEREO|viz.HMD)
viz.scene(1, viz.LEFT_EYE)
viz.scene(1, viz.RIGHT_EYE)
Other settings I have tried:
viz.go(viz..QUAD_BUFFER|viz.HMD).......It balks and says to loosen the constraints
viz.go(viz.go(viz.STEREO_HORZ|viz.HMD)........no change
viz.go(viz.STEREO)...................no change
viz.go(viz.HMD).......................no change
Set the properties in the resource window to vertical and horizontal split with viz.STEREO.....that doesn't work.
setting the Sony as the primary display..........looks better, but the mouse controls are biased
making the Sony display the only display...........works the best, but still has that obvious split.

Suggestions?

Last edited by TopazFrost; 12-03-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:37 PM
WorldViz Team Member

What kind of stereo input does the HMD take, is it side by side? If so, then go to 'set up multiple displays' in the nvidia control panel and configure for extended desktop. Then run the following:
Code:
import viz
viz.go(viz.STEREO_HORZ | viz.HMD)

gallery = viz.add('gallery.ive')
Old 12-07-2012, 10:38 AM

No manual came with it, but I found the specifications: It is a sony glasstron LDI-D100B. It says the expected input is: "Field sequential stereo means that there is a single video input to the display. The video source has to provide images for the left and right eyes on alternate fields. The video signal consists of ODD and EVEN fields. The ODD field is used for right eye and EVEN field is used for the left eye."

The displays were already set to extend. I found adding this line helped but making it scale properly:
Code:
viz.setOption('viz.fullscreen.monitor',2)
Old 12-07-2012, 10:59 AM
WorldViz Team Member

It sounds like you need a card that support quad buffered stereo, like a nVidia Quadro card. Then after enabling stereo in the nVidia control panel run the following code in Vizard:
Code:
import viz
viz.go(viz.QUAD_BUFFER | viz.HMD)

gallery = viz.add('gallery.ive')
This won't effect turning on stereo but you'll also want to set the field of view in Vizard to match the glasstron. For that use the viz.fov command.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:01 PM

Unfortunately, my card does not support quad buffering.

Is there a work around?
I know I can have different scenes for left and right eyes, are those sent to the monitor in sequence or in parallel?

Or, can I detect which frame it is on and switch scenes each frame?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:25 AM

Update: Switched to a computer with a Quadro card.

Still doesn't work. I am getting the same complaint about the quad buffering.
This is what I have:
Quote:
viz.go(viz.QUAD_BUFFER|viz.HMD)
This is the complaint I am getting:
Quote:
Producer::VisualChooser: the requested visual is not available, trying to relax attributes...
Producer::VisualChooser: the requested visual is not available, trying to relax attributes...
I am at a complete loss.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:37 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Make sure you have the correct drivers for the card and that stereo is enabled in the nvidia control panel.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:11 PM

Horray working! For reference for others with my problem I did:

viz.go(viz.QUAD_BUFFER|viz.HMD)

set the HMD to screen 2
Updated the driver to the earliest version
enabled stereo
cannibalized a IR sensor so it would have the correct plug for the sony glasstron (*sigh*, my biggest problem was the wiring)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: