WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Announcements

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 2.64 average. Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 01:08 PM

Vizard 4.0 and OSG 2.x?

Will a future version of Vizard (4.0, perhaps) use a newer version of OpenSceneGraph? If so, any estimates on when it will be available and which version of OSG will it use?

In particular, I'm interested in using OcclusionQueryNode, as some of our projects use densely-tessellated CAD models that slow our machine (dual Quadro 4500's, to a crawl. In the meantime, I'm also exploring using OccluderNode's in our models, as I know that OSG-1.2 supports them. Has anyone tried using OccluderNodes in Vizard before? Any thoughts on how many you can add before they become the limiting factor?
Old 01-02-2009, 03:06 PM
WorldViz Team Member

We plan on upgrading to the latest version of OSG for Vizard 4.0. However, we do not have any exact estimates for when this will be released. It most likely will not be released in 2009.

Regarding OccluderNodes, we don't use them extensively here, so I can't provide any benchmark data. The number of OccluderNodes you can use will be dependent on your scene graph and your CPU, so it's hard to make a general prediction.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: