WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Plug-in development

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 10:34 PM

help to send imagen and data from opecv c++

I'm newbie in this thing of dll's or plugins so if someone could guide me on right path.

The problem is the i want to use vizard with opencv, and first i tried the opencv for python, but some of the methods of opencv are not well implemented on python like the c++ version, and also the performance is better on c++, and there are more example of programs implemented on c++.

So my question what is the best way to send a image from the camera with also data of what i'm getting, for example the face detection of opencv i want to send the image that i get from the camera and also the numer of faces detected with the position of each face where is located, and receive that on vizard.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:07 PM

some one? pls i need to do this for a project.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:48 PM
WorldViz Team Member

If you can send data over the network using OpenCV then you could use the Python socket module to receive the data in Vizard.

A TCP socket is probably the best method to send image data over the network. If the image is small enough, then it might work with UDP sockets. UDP sockets have a maximum message size, that's why it will only work with small images.

Compress the image to jpeg and send the data. In Vizard, you can use the <multimedia:image>.loadBuffer command to load it directly from memory.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: