WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 07-24-2011, 06:11 AM

Simple Game Design with Vizard 3.0

Hi everyone!

I am a beginner with Vizard and I need some help with few general questions that I have...If anyone could help me that would be really appreciated!

My plan is to use Vizard in order to design a simple game.
(For example, suppose there is a room from which the player wants to collect items in order to succeed the game's mission. The player's position in the room will be identified using a motion/eye tracking system. The player has to pick up things , open/close doors and generally interact with the environment. I want also to keep track of the actions and display which parts of the mission are complete and which are not )

So far I have designed the "world" of my game but I have no idea how to enter interaction and all the rest.

i) Is there any module in Vizard that is commonly used for this purpose.

ii) Is it possible to add interaction and game structure on graphics that are imported to Vizard ? What about .osg format ?

iii) What is the particular order of the general/specific steps I should follow when designing such "game" in Vizard?

Thank you for your time!

A.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:39 PM
WorldViz Team Member

I would suggest going over the tutorials/reference material in the documentation related to actions, events and tasks. These allow you to animate objects, include user interaction, and set up the program flow. Teacher in a Book, available from our downloads page, has additional examples related to these subjects.

You can export models from 3ds Max using the OSG exporter to include transform based animations (move, rotate, scale) and these will play in Vizard.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: