WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 11-18-2008, 06:58 AM

Lightwave Layers

I'm working with a graphic designer who has created a multi-layered object in Lightwave that we want to use in Vizard. We want to be able to select the individual layers so that we can translate and rotate them.

I'm thinking that he'll have to save each layer as a seperate object and then I'll load them in individually and recreate the composite object.

Does Vizard have a way of loading a composite object and then assigning each part of the object to its own variable (or assigning each part to a common array) so that I'm able to work with the individual parts?

Thanks.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:53 AM
WorldViz Team Member

You can use the <node>.getChild() command to get a handle to a sub-object by name. As long as the lightwave exporter/loader preserves the object names, this should work.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:53 AM

Thanks

Thanks. I'm waiting for the graphics person to get back to me about the list of names for each layer.

In the mean time I did some looking around and saw the function <node3d>.getChildren that generates a list of the next level of children for an object.

There isn't an example given, so I wasn't sure what type of list it returns. Is it an array of nodes, or is it an array of names of the layers?

Aaron
Old 11-21-2008, 09:10 AM
WorldViz Team Member

You can right-click on the model in the resource list and select Properties. This will display a tree representing the models scene graph and it will contain the names of each node.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: