WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 02-06-2006, 01:01 PM

using demo with intersense

Hi,

Currently we have installed in our lab the is900 intersense tracker. I've been downloading the demos (Punch demo) and have been trying to have it work with the intersense system. I first load and send the configuration of our intersense constellation to the tracking system and it shows that it is tracking the devices (we have the cube and the wand), however when I run the demo on vizard I get the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "PunchDemo_IC2_With_FISTHEIGHT.py", line 232 in mytimer
fistPos = data[0:3]
TypeError: Unsubscriptable object
** Error: failed to load plugin intersense.dls
** Error: failed to load plugin intersense.dls

Even when I try the manual demo for the head tracker I get the following:

TypeError: Unsubscriptable object
**Error: Failed to set requested display mode

I suspect I may have skipped a step or need to detect something. Does vizard require some sort of driver for intersense that needs to be separately installed? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I am also currently using worldviz 2.50, if I upgrade it to 2.53 will I have to pay extra?

Thank you in advance,
George Chan
Sunlab, McMaster University
Old 02-06-2006, 02:05 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi George,

When using IS900 with Vizard, you should run the Intersense proram called IServer, to handle the different Intersense devices which are connected.

Vizard will load the Intersense devices 'one by one', the way they are listed in IServer (see Intersense docs about how to configure this).

so the first line

head = viz.add('intersense.dls')

will add the first Intersense device,

the second line

fist = viz.add('intersense.dls')

will add the second Intersense device, etc.

If you decide not to use the IServer, you need to specify the Intersense Port before you load the individual Intersense devices. Please add the following line of code BEFORE the individual viz.add('intersense.dls') statements:

PORT_INTERSENSE = 0

Port 0 is the port typically used by IS900, but it can also be other ports, just have a look at your windows port configuration to find out.

All best,

The WorldViz Team

P.S. Upgrades within versions (i.e. 2.5 to 2.53 is free). The only upgerade which will require either an active support contract or an upgrade charge is the upgrade to Vizard 3.0 as soon as this is available.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: