WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 07-07-2010, 08:21 AM

intersense.dle extension

Hi,

I'm using a development edition of Vizard v3.18.0002 with an IS900 for tracking. My question is:

How can I get and set IS900 station parameters such as sensitivity and prediction while being able to get the tracking data?

I am using an IS-900 with 4 stations (one head tracker, two wrist trackers and one wireless wand) and I'm having trouble being able to set the stations parameters such as sensitivity as well as getting the tracking data. I can do either of those using a different extension, but I'm having trouble doing both things using the same extension.

As I can understand, there are two Intersense extensions, intersense.dls and intersense.dle.

With intersense.dls, the following code

Code:
station1 = viz.add('intersense.dls')
station2 = viz.add('intersense.dls')
will create objects for the first two stations from the Intersense device. However, with this extension, it is not possible (at least I didn't find a way how) to change the station parameters such as prediction, enhancement, sensitivity, etc. I can use station1.getData() to get an array with all position, orientation and buttons/joystick from the station.

Using the intersense.dle extension, the code looks like this:

Code:
isense = viz.add('intersense.dle')
station1 = isense.addTracker(port=1,station=1)
station2 = isense.addTracker(port=1,station=2)
This allows me to get and set parameters such as

Code:
station2.getSensitivity()
However, when I try to get the sensor data, using stationX.getData(), I get either an empty array, or an array of two elements that represents the wand joystick. I could not find a way to be able to both set the station parameters AND get the tracking data.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regis
Old 07-07-2010, 09:30 AM
WorldViz Team Member

The old intersense.dls plugin is deprecated and you should only use the intersense.dle extension. The sensor objects returned by both of the plugins support the standard sensor methods for retrieving orientation data, sensor.getEuler(), sensor.getQuat(), sensor.getAxisAngle(), etc..

With the newer extension, there is no need to call getData(). If you want the joystick position you can use the sensor.getJoystickPosition() command.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:45 AM

Thanks for the reply.

What I actually need is to get the state of the wand buttons, but I can't find what function I should use.

It would be very helpful also if you could list all the functions implemented in intersense.dls

Thank you,

Regis
Old 07-08-2010, 09:18 AM
WorldViz Team Member

As I previously mentioned, the intersense.dls plugin has been replaced by the intersense.dle extension. All the commands for the extension are documented in the Vizard help file. The doc page for the intersense extension even contains sample code showing how to detect button presses from a wand.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:47 AM

Thanks farshizzo. I meant the documentation for intersense.dle.

Actually, I was using the online manual, as I assumed it was the most up to date documentation. I'll use the Vizard help from now on.

Thanks and sorry for the mix up.

Regis

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: