WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 04-22-2010, 12:55 PM

Question Using vizcave without tracking

Hello,

An application I am developing would benefit from the vizcave routines but will have a fixed viewer position so will not need tracking. However, I can't figure out how to use vizcave without tracking. Since I already have routines in place to do keyboard and mouse navigation, I don't need any of the keyboard/mouse tracking routines, but if I use one of them (viztracker.KeyboardPos for instance) it gets in the way of my existing navigation routines.

How do I set up a cave in Vizard with a static eye position but still allow navigation of the environment using custom controls (that have already been implemented)?
Old 04-22-2010, 12:59 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Instead of using cave.setTracker, use cave.update to manually specify the position of the users eye with respect to the wall corners.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:15 PM

Ah, that's easy enough. I was under the mistaken impression that I'd need to call CaveView to get the view and modify that with my navigation routines (and CaveView requires a tracker, hence my issue).
Old 01-08-2013, 10:17 AM

vizcave confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by farshizzo View Post
Instead of using cave.setTracker, use cave.update to manually specify the position of the users eye with respect to the wall corners.
Wasn't the question how to move around the entire cave volume around within the scene, and keep the eyes static within the cave? Wouldn't this move the eyes within the cave, but *not* move the cave within the environment?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: