WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Plug-in development

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 02:40 PM

OSG Export to MAx2010

Hi Paul,

I'm trying to send the error snapshot here....

Thank you for your help,

Claudio
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	1701
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	344  
Old 10-28-2009, 05:03 PM

Veleno, Farshizo,

Have you guys seen this kind of error before. Seems like a version issue between Max and the OSG exporter.

Claudio,

Do you have any other OSG applications on your computer? Perhaps some other OSG dll file is on your PATH variable that the exporter is trying to use?

Quote:
Hi Paul,

I reinstalled Max2010 and OSGExport but nothing changed, the error still occuring when a Export to OSG. I've posted a snapshot of error message at the "plug-in development" Forum. Is there any other thing that I could try?

Thanks for your time, regards,

Claudio
==========
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladsomebeast
Helllo Claudio,

I would try to re-install Max and the OSG exporter from the Worldviz/Vizard download page. Mabey first start by just re-installing the OSG exporter cuze that quick.

If that does not work, go ahead and post a new thread on the forum. Include a screenshot of the error (print-screen key). The developer of the OSG exporter reads the forum.

Sorry for the lame answer. Crashing on a simple box is kind of weird.

Best,
Paul

Hi Paul,

My name is Claudio and I'm have a problem to export .OSG file in 3DS MAx 2010. It seems to be installed (OSG Export) correctly in Max 2010, but the problem is that in the middle of the exporting process an error occurs and close the Max application and don't export the model. I tried to export an model and also a simple Box, even the box returned the error, so I guess the problem is not in my model...
Can you help me?

Regards,

Claudio
Old 10-28-2009, 08:44 PM

Paul,

I'm not sure if they're related to OSG, but the only possible applications I have installed are:
- Delta 3D;
- Dark GDK; and
- Blender.
I made the download of OSGEdit and tried to run the osgedit.exe, but I gotta an error also and give-up about that...

Is it possible to check the correct path by myself?

Once again thank you for your attention,

Claudio
Old 10-29-2009, 04:35 AM

Delta3D is an OSG based tool. I remember that their installer adds the Delta3D bin/dll directory to the PATH variable. This is probably causing the problem.

You can remove the Delta3D entry from the PATH environment variable by right clicking on My Computer->Properties->Advanced Tab->Environment Variables Button.

Under System Variables, select the Path variable, click edit, then remove the Delta3D entry. If you have problems with this, search google for guides on changing the Path Environment Variables with pictures.

Changing the Path will break Delta3D I assume though.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:45 AM

Paul,

You're a genius!!! I removed the Delta's Path and it worked smoothly!!!!!! Thank you very much for your help!

Best Regards,

Claudio
Old 10-29-2009, 11:35 AM

Paul, I'm sorry but I got another issue about the export process. When I open the exported model into my application (Python/Delta3D) project, it has the Y-axis UP while the model was built using Z-axis UP in Max2010. Is there any way to change this in order to keep the same coordinate reference?

Regards,

Claudio
Old 10-29-2009, 11:46 AM

The Vizard OSG exporter changes the coordinate system of the model for Vizard. You should use the OSG exporter available from the OSG site for Delta3D projects.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: