WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 06-27-2007, 02:37 PM

Problems with custom heads

Hi, all of the scripts we wrote for Vizard 2.5 do not attach custom heads properly when we run them in Vizard 3.0. We've changed the scripts from "avatar.face('filename')" to "face = viz.addFace('filename')" with "avatar.setFace(face)" in accordance with the new documentation, but the heads still are attaching at a strange angle (looking upwards and sometimes tilted to the left). I was wondering if there has been a change in how heads need to be prepared for use in Vizard. In the past, we used the specified procedure to prepare heads for Vizard 2.5 (exporting to VRML, opening the VRML in PeopleMaker, scaling the head, computing neck vertices, and saving as VZF). The heads still work fine when we run the script in Vizard 2.5 (with the "avatar.face('filename')" call), so I'm guessing there has been some change in how heads should be prepared for use in Vizard, but I cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 06-27-2007, 03:13 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi,

Can you send a simple script with one of your head files that recreates this issue to lashkari@worldviz.com ? I haven't noticed this problem before, so it would be best if I have a sample.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:59 PM

After playing with the script some more, I've discovered that the custom head attachment is going wrong because I'm scaling the body to be larger along the X axis while keeping the Y and Z scaling the same (the effect is to make the avatar appear fatter). Is there a way to work around this?

Thank you,
Chris
Old 07-11-2007, 09:43 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. I will try to reproduce the problem here. If you already have a simple script that reproduces it, I would appreciate it.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:44 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi,

Here is a test script I came up with based on your description. It creates an avatar that is scaled along the x-axis and adds a custom head to it. I don't notice any problems. Can you try running it and telling me if you notice the problem with it? If not, can you supply a simple script that reproduces the issue?
Code:
import viz
viz.go()

s=1.4
face = viz.add('biohead_talk.vzf',scale=(s,s,s))

model = viz.add('male.cfg',pos=(0,0,5),euler=(180,0,0),scale=(2,1,1))
model.setFace(face)
model.state(12)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: