WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 05-07-2004, 09:50 AM

hierarchical structure

Hi All,
I am trying to create an animation using hierarchical objects. Normally all transformations to the mother node are inherited by its children. I want to transform the mother node while the children remain stationary in some cases. How can I do this while having the hierarchical structure? Or is it possible to assign or break the hiearchy on the fly?
Zafer
Old 05-07-2004, 10:57 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi Zafer,

This functionality is not built-in to Vizard, but if you tell me exactly what you need I could create a plug-in for you that could do this. Do you just need to detach a child from the parent and then reattach it later?
Old 05-07-2004, 12:13 PM

Yes, I think that would work. So, I can remove the children first and apply the transformation to the parent and then I can add the children again.
Many Thanks.
Zafer

Quote:
Originally posted by farshizzo
Hi Zafer,

This functionality is not built-in to Vizard, but if you tell me exactly what you need I could create a plug-in for you that could do this. Do you just need to detach a child from the parent and then reattach it later?
Old 05-07-2004, 05:43 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi Zafer,

I went ahead and built-in this feature into Vizard. In the meantime, you can download the plugin to do this here . The zip file contains an example of how to use the plugin. Press the 'd' key to detach the arrow from the duck. Press the 'a' key to reattach the arrow to the duck.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:45 PM

Farshizzo, Thanks! This works. I have one question:
In your example, the color of the arrow turns to gray when you detach the child. How can I fix this, preserve the color?
Zafer

Quote:
Originally posted by farshizzo
Hi Zafer,

I went ahead and built-in this feature into Vizard. In the meantime, you can download the plugin to do this here . The zip file contains an example of how to use the plugin. Press the 'd' key to detach the arrow from the duck. Press the 'a' key to reattach the arrow to the duck.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:05 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi Zafer,

Sorry about that, I didn't notice it earlier. I updated the plugin. Just download it again and it should work.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: