WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 05-15-2015, 11:42 AM

Switching multiple trackers with same viewpoint

Hello all,

I used the search function but could not find any solution to my problem.

For my research project I am using the Oculus Rift DK2 (0.4.4) with Phasespace Impulse X2 Motion Capture System. Three LED markers (front, left and right) are mounted on the Oculus for position tracking. Currently I only use the Front LED for position tracking and the in-built inertial sensor in the Oculus Rift for orientation tracking.
Via vizconnect platform I am able to create a mergedLinkable between these two.
So far, this setup works fine.

However, due to the room size the Front LED happens to lose contact with Phasespace resulting in jumps. In order to make the current system more stable I wanted to integrate the other two LED markers (left and right) as a backup but to no avail. For instance, if the Front LED cannot be localized by the Phasespace System, switch to Left or to Right LED. Hereby, the viewpoint of all three should be the same of course.

Does anyone have any ideas or faced similar issues?

I appreciate any help!

Best regards,
Cao
Old 05-15-2015, 02:44 PM
WorldViz Team Member

As a first step, make sure the tracking is set up optimally and you've done everything possible to improve it. Also, make sure the Oculus LEDs are not getting power as they may interfere with tracking the Phasespace LEDs.

Swapping markers might be difficult to get a good result with. If you have a way to determine which tracker is getting reliable data then you could re-parent the viewpoint to that tracker in the main script. See the following example:

http://forum.worldviz.com/showthread.php?t=5260

You would also need to apply an offset to the left/right trackers to match the location of the front tracker.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: