WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 04-10-2012, 05:46 PM

Smile Vizard and GLSL Compatibility Profile

Hello Worldviz,

I have what I hope to be a simple question.

In the past, I wrote shaders inside of Vizard using the now compatibility-profile enabled built-in types such as gl_Vertex, gl_Normal, gl_Color.

As I've been reading about GLSL post version 1.30.10 (where I believe most of the stuff I've used inside of Vizard was deprecated) I was wondering how exactly I know what inputs Vizard is feeding into my shader?

Are you utilizing a compatibility mode (since my old shaders seem to work just fine) and would you recommend working this way?

Your help file list the uniforms available with Vizard, but they are mainly bits from OSG and nothing that directly ties into the inputs that would be for the matrices, vertices, etc...

Thanks,
George Lecakes
Old 04-16-2012, 09:48 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Vizard creates an OpenGL 2.x compatible context. From my understanding, the deprecated built-in uniforms (gl_Vertex, gl_Normal, ...) should still be available to shaders under this context. If your old shaders work fine, then I would recommend to continue using those uniforms. Are you experiencing any specific issues with your shaders?
Old 04-16-2012, 10:25 AM

No, no issues, I was just trying to rectify current OpenGL shader langauge tutorials and examples with what Vizard expects.
Thank you for the info and clarifying that Vizard is using a compatibility context.
~George

Tags
glsl, shader, version, vizard

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: