View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 05:58 AM

I may not be the best person to try and help you with this, since I use DK2 with Vizard 4, but I've noticed similar (but different) oddities in how the displays work with monitors. What I do, and you might want to give it a try, is to extend the desktop to the HMD, as if it were a monitor to Windows (do this from the Windows control panel). In this usage, I don't think it matters whether the Oculusconfigutility is set to extend or direct to HMD. Then I use a vizcore.cfg file to automatically display the vizard window on the second monitor, in this case, it's the hmd. In my script, this is how I setup the DK2:

Code:
import viz
import oculus
view = viz.addView
hmd = oculus.Rift()
hmd.getSensor()

#do not use this command!
#viz.link(hmd.getSensor(),viz.MainView)
Basically I ignore Vizard's built-in tools for setting-up/connecting the HMD. All I do is create the second view, and then display the vizard window fullscreen on the second monitor, which in this case is the HMD. So it's a little red-neck, but I avoid several display issues. And it sill looks the same.

Now, I have not tried to duplicate the vizard window on the HMD and the monitor at the same time.

I hope this helps, if not oh well. Let me know if you have any questions, or if it works or not.