View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 07:10 AM

Exclamation Children not accessible after saving to/loading OSGb

Is there any way to access groups created in Vizard after saving (to OSGb, IVE, OSG or any other type)?
If I create a group and add other groups or objects to it, I can access the children using getChildren(). After saving to OSGb and loading the file, the children are not accessible - getChildren() returns an empty list.

I also tried to create named parent nodes, so they show up with getNodeNames() and can be retrieved using getChild(name). However, I cannot seem to find a way to name a Vizard group. I tried creating an empty layer with startLayer(name) and retrieving it with endLayer(). I then tried adding children to this layer, but it doesn't seem to work. While the layer shows up after saving/loading, the children are not there. I also tried insertGroupAbove and insertGroupBelow, which also failed. As groups do not seem to have a name, I cannot specify the node name to insert the group above or below.

I don't understand why it is impossible to change the name of a group node as this seems to be a part of the internal representation Vizard uses. Is there any way to expose this data to the python code? Can you please show me a way to access groups and there children after saving and loading? Thanks in advance for your help!