View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 06:47 PM

Exclamation Vizard suddenly running slowly

Hi,
I have an HP laptop [2GHz Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, NVidia GeForce Go7200, Vista Business] that has recently started running Vizard 3.0 Development very slowly. That is, when I display an environment (even a very sparse one) in full-screen, it is quite choppy, even though it claims a frame rate varying between 50-100 fps. This in itself is a bit odd, as the desktops in our lab run at a rock-solid 60 fps with no downward or upward variation.

The obvious culprit here is that I installed Vista two weeks ago. However, I tested Vizard right after the install, and it ran just fine, as it did previously with XP Pro on this machine. When I check system resources while running fullscreen, the CPU usage seems kind of high (~55%, compared to <10% with Vizard and Firefox simply open), though I have a gig of available RAM.

I'd appreciate any ideas that you have about what could be causing this slowdown, or ways I can go about diagnosing it. I have the most recent drivers for the video card; does anybody know of any secret NVidia settings that may have changed? Thanks so much for your help.

Last edited by JMOwens; 06-29-2007 at 07:14 AM.