Thread: Sdk
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 08:54 AM

Ok, I have removed my code portion using boost:any (wasn't used in the case of this plugin), so that fixed that problem.

Switching over to the new interface was easy and things seem to work well, nice work!

I am having one problem that I didn't have with the old code: when compiling the plugin in debug mode it doesn't work. Specifically, i get an access violation somewhere deep in xtree on the "int command = data.getInt("command");" call in viz::Referenced* MyExtension::createNode(viz:ata &data) (at DNStimuliExtension_d.dle!std::_Tree<std::_Tmap_tra its<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >,boost::any,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std: :char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<std:air<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > const ,boost::any> >,0> >::_Lbound(const std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std: :allocator<char> > & _Keyval="command") Line 1264 + 0x8 bytes C++
to be exact, the _Mysize property of the tree object is set to 268525969 btw!). For this it doesn't matter if I define NDEBUG or _DEBUG in the preprocessor directives, it must be some other difference between the two modes that creates the trouble. I'd like to be able to compile a debug mode plugin (I was able to add debug information and everything as long as I kept NDEBUG defined instead of _DEBUG in the old interface) so I can step through meaningful code from visualstudio upon a crash in the plugin (even when run from Vizard, Visual studio pops up a window automatically upon a crash asking me how to debug, it worked very well!).

Is there any way you could support this? Oh yeah, btw, as python27_d.lib isn't shipped with the SDK, I simply created a copy of python27.lib with that name, but I don't think that would be the problem?

Best!
Dee

Last edited by dcnieho; 05-21-2011 at 09:00 AM.