View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 10:35 AM

emagin stereo vision quadro fx 570

I am having a problem configuring my emagin 3d visor, vizard, and my quadro fx 570 graphics card to display 3d output.

What I currently have is the following for a setup:

My current script is:

viz.go(viz.FULLSCREEN | viz.QUAD_BUFFER |viz.HMD |viz.STEREO)
emagin = viz.add('emagin.dls')
viz.link(emagin, viz.MainView)
viz.add('grid-big.IVE')#simple grid environment I created
viz.add('axis.IVE')#center mark object for orientation reference

As far as all the parameters for viz.go, I believe I need all four of those. I currently see the world with a distinct right and left view, however, i see both views on both screens of my visor. The indicator light on the eMagin box is also a constant orange/yellow which i read means it is only receiving one input instead of stereo input (constant green)

The configuration of my graphics card at the moment is the following:
NVidia Quadro FX 570
The computer monitor and the visor are a clone of each other, both set at 800x600.
And the 3d settings I have tried to play with are as follows (first option is selected):
Buffer-Flipping mode (auto-select, block transfer)
Force Stereo Shuttering (On, Off)
Stereo Display Mode (Use nView Clone mode, use vertical interlace monitor, use color interleaved monitor)
Stereo Enable (On, Off)
Stereo Swap Eyes(Off, ON)
Triple Buffering (On, Off)

I believe I have the current drivers (v. 6.14.11.6926 for the card), I have used the nvidia site to install the most recent for my graphics card and also installed the recommended forceware driver ( v. 91.31_forceware_3dstereo). There was also a 78.01_3DStereo driver I tried. I am at a loss with configuring these settings. If anyone can offer any advice I would be most appreciative.