View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 05:35 PM

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the suggestions. Data is recorded at 60 fps, and also i have not implemented any throttling to mimic the recorded timestamps of each frame. It should simply play v-synced. I do read the file to memory first into a 2d numpy array and then return one row from there at a time, getting the six values.

I am not sure how it would work with the director function. i use the scheduling and plenty of yields for the experiment logic, while behind the scene updating each frame is taking care of the data coming in, as I believe happens for real tracker sources as well. More importantly, with the director function, would i be able to specify with what priority the function gets called? It needs to be called at viz.PRIORITY_PLUGINS as the links further leading to an updated mainview run at viz.PRIORITY_PLUGINS+1 and viz.PRIORITY_PLUGINS+2.

All that said, it seems there were some other parts of the program that could be done more efficiently and now things appear to run smoothly most of the time.

Thanks a lot, for thinking along and the suggestions!
Dee