View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 06:50 PM

Sony glasstron not displaying properly

Hi,

I have a older model of sony glasstron HMD (resolution is 800X600) I'm trying to get working with vizard 3.0. I got to the point where I can get the different left and right eye views, but it is not displaying properly. I get the two eyes' view side-by-side with the split showing about 20% of the way from the right side of the screen. Both eyes' screens display the same thing. It connect through a normal monitor port.

The computer has a nvidia 8800GT graphics card, and I have made sure it has the latest drivers. The control panel shows no option for turning stereo on, and the enable stereoscopic 3D check box only brings up the nvidia 3D vision program (any suggestions on where to look?). Since these are Sony glasses rather than nVidia glasses, the program can't detect them and the setup fails. I am running windows 7, 64bit.

The code to start stereo I have right now is:
Code:
viz.go(viz.STEREO|viz.HMD)
viz.scene(1, viz.LEFT_EYE)
viz.scene(1, viz.RIGHT_EYE)
Other settings I have tried:
viz.go(viz..QUAD_BUFFER|viz.HMD).......It balks and says to loosen the constraints
viz.go(viz.go(viz.STEREO_HORZ|viz.HMD)........no change
viz.go(viz.STEREO)...................no change
viz.go(viz.HMD).......................no change
Set the properties in the resource window to vertical and horizontal split with viz.STEREO.....that doesn't work.
setting the Sony as the primary display..........looks better, but the mouse controls are biased
making the Sony display the only display...........works the best, but still has that obvious split.

Suggestions?

Last edited by TopazFrost; 12-03-2012 at 06:54 PM.