View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 08:30 PM

I noticed in version 3 that viz.phys.intersectLine() is much faster than viz.intersect(), but viz.phys.intersectLine seems to have some problems:

1) It returns intersections for non-visible objects (object whose visibility is set to off), which is different that viz.intersect()

2) It ignores the viz.disable(viz.COLLISION) command. Is there a way to get it to ignore certain objects?
I can run viz.phys.intersectLine(begin,end,True) to get a list and then check object IDs, but I don't know if there is an easier way (especially considering that if you have many objects, it might be an optimzation to not check for intersections with particular objects at certain times, e.g. if you are casting rays from within an object).

3) As I said earlier, I am casting 180 "rays" from a virtual laser range finder. When I do this, viz.phys.intersectLine() is much faster than viz.intersect() (Even if I set the all flag to True), but viz.phys.intersectLine actually misses some intersections with the closest objects, while viz.intersect() does not. I'll post two picture to illustrate my point.

Last edited by pbeeson; 09-12-2006 at 07:20 AM.