View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 06:01 PM

Unhappy Cal3d Exporter Issues

I am doing an animation for a dance project using Vizard 3.0 and have been trying to create an avatar. Initially I was using blender 2.62 to create all the 3D models but found that the blender2cal3d exporter is very out of date and since have moved the models over to 3ds max 2013. I am able to export the skeleton no problem but with the mesh i run into 2 problems. either 3ds max crashes or I get the warning that no mesh was selected. the crash happens with cal3d exporter 1.40 and the no mesh selected error is with 1.41. I followed a tutorial on how to set up an avatar and export it to cal3d here but I worry its a bit outdated: http://download.gna.org/cal3d/docume.../tutorial.html

I read on some other forums I should be using the skin modifier instead of the physique one and I'll admit I havent tried that but id prefer it if I didn't have to redo much. I don't need it to be perfect I just need to get the avatar into the cal3d format.

I don't think its a ram issue which I read in another post, I have 6 gigs and a 6 core processor. 3ds max runs smoothly and diagnostics doesnt show a spike in ram usage when the program crashes.

I will attach the blender and 3ds max files if anyone wants to take a stab at what my problem is.

Thanks,
-Dom

Computer is running windows 7 64bit and 3ds max is 64 bit also
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rigging.zip (954.6 KB, 3073 views)